Submit a Case


Centurion is an investigative organization that considers claims of factual innocence in rape and murder cases where an individual is serving a sentence of 15 years before they will be eligible for parole, or has been sentenced to death.

We do not take on accidental death, self defense cases, or cases where the defendant had any involvement whatsoever in the crime for which he/she was convicted.

How to Submit Your Case

If you fit the above criteria, you may send us a letter (four pages or less) outlining the facts of your case.
Your summary should include the following points:

– What you were convicted of?
– Give a brief description of the crime.
– Why were you arrested and taken to trial?
– What evidence was used to convict you?
– What evidence is there that points toward your innocence?

DO NOT SEND ANY OTHER MATERIALS. We do not accept unsolicited documents. We will respond within eight weeks with a letter that clearly states what we want in the way of information and what you can expect from us if we are able to consider your case.

Send your letter to:
Centurion, Inc.
Attn: Case Development Manager
1000 Herrontown Road
Princeton, NJ 08540

PLEASE NOTE: We firmly insist that no one call our office — not yourself, family, or friends. We will not discuss your case with anyone but you, and this is done only through correspondence.

Other Information

Whether you decide to write us back or not, it is important that you obtain your trial file and transcripts from your trial lawyer. Your trial file is the file of materials your lawyer had when he or she went to trial with you. The file should contain, police reports, forensic reports, witness statements, and pre-trial motions. It is vital that you obtain this file and transcripts. You will need them to work on your case. It also would be beneficial for you to see what the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA or FOIL) laws are for your state. Then submit a request to the various relevant agencies for files relating to your case and the crime you were convicted of. The prison law library will contain information about how and where to file.